Sunday, March 27, 2016

ARE WE TAKING EFFORTS TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY


The  more responsible  our job  ,  the more important it is for us to develop and sharpen our skills of communication especially when  a fair amount of  our time  is spent in  the  communication activity
Expressed arithmetically, AT/OT = PT
AT being   the audience time, OT  being our time and PT being  the  preparation time our message deserves.

If our Aim  is to raise our communication skills
Let us reflect on our present communication ability.
Where are we now –at  what % of our potential –
If we raise it, what will be the  benefit to all concerned?

What is the one thing  I want to learn more of?
What is the  one problem  I frequently face in communication?

Effectiveness is partly in our hands. Misunderstandings happen
Do I Always Review, analyse and learn  in order  to avoid/reduce miscommunication?
I have to become aware of breakdowns and my contribution to the  misunderstanding.  
I have also to  take effort and  responsibility  for  raising the effectiveness in communication.

More to follow on this subject.



No comments: